|This article is in need of a clean-up. You can help out Kuroshitsuji Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and doing other helpful things to correct the article.
|Affiliation||Grim Reaper Dispatch Society|
|Anime Debut||The Tales of Will the Grim Reaper (cameo)|
Alan is a young man with short brown hair and a slight form. Similar to all Grim Reapers, he wears glasses, a black suit (though he wears a bolo tie), and has yellow-green eyes.
Alan is a member of the Grim Reaper Dispatch Department and works directly with Eric Slingby, William T. Spears, Ronald Knox, and Grell Sutcliff. Alan seems calm most of the time, but can become angry and shout. Like the other Grim Reapers, Alan has little tolerance for those who break the rules or slack off.
The Most Beautiful DEATH in the WorldEdit
Alan is revealed to have an illness named "The Thorns of Death," which can only be cured by collecting one thousand souls. Alan, despite his illness and his frequent attacks, participates in the hunting of his partner as well as his best friend, Eric Slingby, who is thought to be killing random people simply for his own pleasure. He even disguises himself in a dress in order to find Eric at the opera scene.
After Alan confronts Eric, it is revealed that Eric had been collecting these souls in an attempt to save Alan's life, stating "I would commit any sin if that allows me to share your pain." Alan appears to instantly forgive Eric. The two agree to run away together, after Alan makes Eric promise not to kill anyone else. They both remove their glasses, which signifies their resignation as Grim Reapers.
At the end of the musical, when Eric attempts to kill Ciel Phantomhive, Alan steps into his path (because Eric had promised earlier not to kill anymore) and is killed by Eric's Death Scythe. Eric is deeply upset, and asks Sebastian Michaelis to kill him. Sebastian, with the consent of Ciel, ends Eric's grief by slashing through him with Alan's Death Scythe. When Eric dies, the souls that he had collected for Alan are released. They fall like snow around Sebastian and Ciel, creating "the most beautiful death in the world."
In the remake of the musical, Shinya Matsumoto will be replace by Masataka Nakagauchi to take the role of Alan Humphries.
- (To Grell) "Your important glasses are tilted."
- (To William about Eric supporting him) "What support? I'm fine on my own!"
- "I was born alone in this world and alone I will die. If this is my fate, why are tears coming out of my eyes?"
- His Death Scythe is a Japanese-style long-handled garden slasher.
- Alan has a disease called "Shi No Toge" (死の棘) literally meaning "The Sting of Death" or the "Thorns of Death". The Thorns are contracted when a soul destined to die becomes vengeful, fighting against the Grim Reapers that would reap it, manifesting itself in the form of the thorns. The thorns work their way through Alan's body, starting at the wrists and eventually leading to the heart, which will cause a fatal attack. There is no known cure, however it is rumoured that it can be cured by the sacrifice of one thousand pure souls. Alan is the only known Grim Reaper to ever contract it.
- He's an honor student and his tutor and partner was Eric.
- Alan likes Erica flowers and he taught Eric the meaning of it.
- He has a cameo appearance in the sixth OVA.
- Alan mentioned in the musical that his eyes are blurry without glasses.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Kuroshitsuji musical, The Most Beautiful DEATH in the World
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji OVA, The Tales of Will the Grim Reaper
|Grell Sutcliff · Ronald Knox · William T. Spears · Undertaker · Alan Humphries · Eric Slingby · Lawrence Anderson|