|To facilitate the extensive process of revising all articles in Kuroshitsuji Wiki, we will focus on one aspect at a time. We will focus on the manga and all elements associated with it (i.e. characters and chapters). This template is to serve as a warning: pages/sections marked with this template, ranging from the anime characters, episodes, OVAs, musicals, songs, and out-of-the-universe information, will be not be our priority; thus, they may be not be up-to-date, substantiated, or thoroughly cleaned as of yet.|
Promoted by the Manga Project. Help is greatly appreciated.
|Occupation||Mandalay Family Puppeteer|
|Base of Operations||Angel's Wing Antiques |
|Anime Debut||Episode 10|
|Japanese Voice||Anri Katsu|
|English Voice||Sonny Strait|
Drossel has ginger hair that is cut in flares, tossed aside from his eyes, and bangs that reach his chin. His eyes, being made of glass, are amethyst and stir emotionless. He wears blue and pink eye shadow to accentuate, as well as, below his right eye, is painted a blue fleur-de-lis.
Drossel's attire consists of a blue tailcoat, gold piping and a red ribbon tied in a bow around his neck, and a black top hat decorated with a red ribbon and two black feathers. He wears short black pants, white gloves, knee high black-white striped socks, and black boots with gold buttons. He often carries a music box, painted with a blue fleur-de-li that plays the tune of "London Bridge", hanging from his neck. His body is constructed from wood and his head appears to be filled with wheat or straw, and an occasional termite.
Drossel is unaware that he has lost his humanity, that's what's left of him is just being sustained by stuffing of wheat. He is exceptionally loyal to who he believes is his master, even stumbling with his stuffing falling out to inform him of Grell Sutcliff, Sebastian Michaelis, and Ciel Phantomhive's invasion of the manor. He works hard to fulfill what he believes is a request to turn anyone into a doll who had come into contact with the Shard of Hope, but this turns out to be him over zealously trying to please his master. The person in control of him, though, belittles by calling him "incompetent". Additionally, he was never saddened by his doll dying.
Drossel has a tendency to describe people in terms of what materials he would use to make their doll form with, then singing different verses of "London Bridge," occasionally writing his own lyrics to describe said materials. Sebastian later reveals that this song, combined with the music Drossel plays, is used to control the dolls he crafts.
Grell Sutcliff reveals that the real Drossel Keinz had his soul seized by the Grim Reapers five years ago, indicating that he was dead. At some point, his body had been reanimated with a temporary soul, and he attempted to go back to work for the Mandalay family. However, his master, Duke Mandalay, had been committed, abandoning his manor, and was not the person controlling or relaying orders to Drossel.
Shard of Hope
Drossel first appears chasing down the thief of the Shard of Hope, which comes from the Hope Diamond, and declares that he is not the ring's master. He kills the man with puppet string - which he appears to have control over, and pushes him into the river. The next day, he appears at the Ice Top Market, part of the Frost Fair, and takes notice of Elizabeth Midford. When the Shard of Hope ends up in her possession by finding it in a gift she had been hoping to give to Ciel, he waits for her to appear in town and plays music to attract her to him. When she enters the shop he lured her to, he appears to understand her sadness regarding Ciel and his upcoming birthday. He offers anything in his store to her - from dolls to lamps - but then states that the best gift would be herself.
Later on, he is seen asking his master what material he should make the next doll out of, to which the reply is: Build it out of wax and stone. Drossel acknowledges this and is seen making Elizabeth into a doll.Ciel Phantomhive, Grell Sutcliff, and Pluto invade the Mandalay manor in order to retrieve her. Upon entering, they see a doll that looks exactly like one of the missing girls from the case that Scotland Yard is working on and that Ciel has been ordered to investigate by Queen Victoria. Ciel approaches her, thinking that she is only in a trance and ends up being grabbed by the throat by the doll. He seeks help from Pluto but it is ultimately Grell that saves him by dropping a piece of chandelier on the doll's head then slashing its throat. Ciel still thinks the doll is truly a girl until he sees sawdust pouring from the hole in its throat. Drossel arrives soon after, calling that doll a failure. He then says that he reasoned that thought they needed to be much, much stronger; afterwards singing: "Make it out of Iron and steel, iron and steel, iron and steel. Make it out of iron and steel, my fair lady." He then uses the dolls, made from the kidnapped children, to attack them. Ciel orders Grell to stay with Pluto and chases after Drossel.
When he catches up to him he at first thinks that he lost him until he hears Drossel peak to him, telling him that he is incredibly beautiful, therefore he would have to make him out of gold and silver. He begins to sing his version of London Bridge to him and Ciel runs into another room, most likely looking for a way up to Drossel only to find masks covering the walls of the room which begin to sing the same song that Drossel had been singing to him. Ciel covers his ears and runs through the room, trying to escape the noise and finally reaches another room. In it he finds the same mark as his brand on the floor. Looking at it, Ciel remembers his tenth birthday and is eventually pulled from his memories by the voice of Sebastian Michaelis.
When Sebastian and Ciel reenter the Mandalay Manor, they find Drossel's workroom; in which he creates his human dolls. They find Elizabeth only to discover that she too is a doll. Drossel appears and controls Elizabeth, making her attack Ciel, Sebastian, and Grell. Sebastian protects Ciel, and Grell manages to stop Elizabeth. Drossel talks to them in his strange manner, readying himself to fight them, and comments that termites had been falling out of his ears lately.
When Sebastian questions what he is made of, he becomes startled, allowing Sebastian to take him out with relative ease. Drossel is stabbed by Sebastian with the pole axe that he'd been making Elizabeth use to reveal that he himself was a puppet. Even then, he continues to cling to life and struggles to his feet to inform his master of their invasion. However, he does not get very far into his master's room before falling to the ground; dying for the second and final time.
- "You are not suited to that ring."
- "The hope piece is searching for a worthy master, you see."
- "So i thought to myself: that the Hope piece has found a new keeper on it's own, my master."
- "That ring... What a shame. It did not select you as its owner."
- "However, your eyes..."
- "Your eyes have a very deep, sorrowful color."
- "I can tell... You are very sad."
- "I see, a birthday present..."
- "There are many things for sale here. They are all quite wonderful."
- "I'll give you any one you like. You may choose any of them."
- "Yes, I understand. These are all the same to you."
- (To Elizabeth Midford) "So I think to myself: 'Something different; a precious present for a precious person.' The most suitable thing would be you yourself."
- "This doll was a failure."
- "So i thought to myself: I must make them much, much stronger."
- "Build it up with iron and steel, iron and steel, iron and steel. Build it up with iron and steel, my fair lady."
- "Ceil Phantomhive. You are very beautiful. I must make you into a worthy doll."
- "Now, what shall i make you out of? Clay will wash away, yet iron is far too crude, I say."
- "So i thought to myself: Build it up with silver and gold, silver and gold, silver and gold. Build it up with silver and gold, my fair lady."
- "I reasoned, that I'm supposed to be human, however, lately, termites seem to be falling out of my ears."
- "No. Ceil Phantomhive is my master's possession now."
- "The proof is the ring on your finger, I can tell. The hope piece is a present my master sends to those who will be made into dolls."
- "Ciel Phantomhive will become a doll. A doll made of silver and gold."
- "He was stolen away..."
- "So i thought to myself: Ciel Phantomhive will return."
- "Yes, why? Why does her body move independent of her will? And... Why does she hurt the one she loves?"
- "So i thought to myself: What shall i use to make my new dolls?"
- "Hmm? What am i... made of?"
- "So i thought to myself: I know i must be human, and yet lately i often find termites crawling out of my ears."
- "So i thought to myself: I will report to my master."
- Drossel has a cameo appearance in two OVAs: The Making of Kuroshitsuji II and That Butler, Show Business. His appearance is changed in the latter; he wears a black kimono and a black sushi-chef hat with two big feathers.
- In the Making of Kuroshitsuji II, his name was misspelled as "Drocell Caines". 
- ↑ File:Drossel spelling ref.png
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Kuroshitsuji anime, Episode 12
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji anime, Episode 11
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji OVA, The Making of Kuroshitsuji II
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji OVA, That Butler, Show Business
- ↑ Wikipedia:The Nutcracker
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji OVA, The Making of Kuroshitsuji II
|Arthur Wordsmith · Azzurro Vanel · Carl Woodley · Chlaus · Damian · Female Villager · Georg von Siemens · Grimsby Keane · Harold West · Henry Barrymore · Higharm · Irene Diaz · James · Jeremy Rathbone · Luka Macken · Mary Jane Kelly · Meena · Mr. Carter · Nina Hopkins · Patrick Phelps · Priest · Ran-Mao · Ryan Stoker · Shopkeeper · Sophie Smith · Susanne Connor · Thomas Wallis|