|This article is need of a clean-up. You can help out Kuroshitsuji Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and doing other helpful things to correct the article.
|Anime Debut||The Tales of Will the Grim Reaper (cameo)|
- "When he and I, when Alan and I went on assignment together for the first time. There were purple flowers growing in our target's garden. Those flowers were called "Ericas". He taught me that. And also what they meant in the language of flowers." - Eric Slingby
Eric Slingby (エリック・スリングビー, Erikku Suringubī) is a Grim Reaper, introduced exclusively in the second musical and remake. He is the partner and best friend of Alan Humphries. He is also the main antagonist of the musical.
Eric has blonde hair combed to one side of his head while the other side of his hair is black and ties into cornrows. He has blue tinted glasses and, like all the Grim Reapers, he has yellow-green eyes.
Eric is a member of the Grim Reaper Dispatch Society and works directly with Alan Humphries, William T. Spears, Ronald Knox, and Grell Sutcliff. He is shown to be both brave and serious, and also caring, as he broke many rules by killing numerous people to save Alan from his disease.
The Most Beautiful Death in the WorldEdit
In the musical, his best friend Alan Humphries is found to have the Thorns of Death, a rare disease that will be fatal unless treated (the only treatment being the collection of one thousand souls). After he learns this, Eric begins to slay humans so that he can collect souls for Alan, the latter having absolutely no idea. When he is out killing, Eric is discovered by the Viscount of Druitt, who offers to help him, and throws "parties" in order to gather more people for Eric to slay. Eric's deeds are discovered by Alan, who thinks that Eric is murdering for fun. Alan reasons with Eric, and convinces him to refrain from killing any more people. Both take off their glasses then, signifying their resignation as Grim Reaper officers.
Later, Eric and Alan encounter Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis. Knowing that he only needs one more soul to save Alan, Eric breaks his promise not to kill any more and attempts to slay Ciel. Alan steps in his way, however, and is killed by Eric's scythe. Eric is deeply upset, and begs for Sebastian to end his life. After being ordered by Ciel to do so, the latter obliges, and kills Eric with Alan's death scythe. When Eric is killed, the souls that he had collected for Alan were released, falling like snow around Sebastian and Ciel, creating "the most beautiful death in the world."
- "I bet everybody would be extremely happy."- Eric to Grell
- "I would commit any sin if it would allow me to share your pain."
- "My friend, since that is our fate we don't need tears any more." 
- "Just like these Erica flowers, there'll always be someone blooming there beside you. For all time." Eric to Alan
- His death scythe is a saw.
- Ronald Knox has hinted that Eric enjoys parties.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Kuroshitsuji musical, The Most Beautiful DEATH in the World
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Kuroshitsuji OVA, The Tales of Will the Grim Reaper
|Grell Sutcliff · Ronald Knox · William T. Spears · Undertaker · Alan Humphries · Eric Slingby · Lawrence Anderson|