|Occupation||Prefect of the Green Lion dormitory |
Student at Weston College
|Base of Operations||Weston College|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 67|
Herman Greenhill is a young man with short, light blond, slicked back hair. He has short, thick eyebrows. He wears a green waistcoat with green holly in the pocket to reflect his position as prefect of the Green Lion dormitory. He carries around a cricket bat, implying that he plays cricket.
Herman is a dignified man who excels in sports and takes up the hobby of improving his own strength by lifting weights during his free time. He is also very strict on his subordinates and expects them to live up to his expectations, such as to speak loudly and confidently. However, in any case, he still places trust into them, which is shown when he sides with his Fag's, Edward Midford, judgment of Ciel Phantomhive.
Just like Edward Midford, Herman is easily flustered when seeing ladies showing their legs prominently.
Herman Greenhill is introduced as he and the others in the P4 arrive when Ciel Phantomhive steps on the lawn, a punishable action. When he meets Ciel, he asks if he is the new student they were told was coming. Herman later departs with the P4 as they head inside the school building.
Later, Herman is present at the principal's office along with the vice principal and the other prefects. There, he notes that a day has elapsed since Ciel's arrival and asks for his well-being. During Johan Agares' welcome speech, Herman also supports the idea that tradition is absolute in the school.
At the Swan Gazebo, Herman and the other prefects discuss about Ciel and his capability. When Ciel is mentioned, Edward Midford, Herman's Fag, opts to speak. However, he speaks to softly for Herman's liking, and the latter scolds him to say it louder and gives him permission to talk.
Soon after, he and the prefects decide to invite Ciel to come to the Swan Gazebo the following day at 2 p.m., and Maurice Cole sets out to deliver the message. However, Ciel arrives two hours late the next day, and Herman is shown to be angry.
Subsequently, the sound of Maurice's voice as he is about to commit a hostile act travels through vibrations, inciting Herman and Edward to barge though the third art room. Herman forcibly puts an end to the group of students that constrain Ciel, and is angry at Maurice for making him break his promise at never using violence again. After Maurice is suppressed, Herman, Edward, Lawrence Bluer and Gregory Violet commend Ciel and his bravery for exposing Maurice and his treacheries to the light. Herman then says that since Ciel follows the traditions, does not lie, and is pure and noble, he is the model student of the school.
- (Referring to Edward Midford) "He isn't jealous of others' talents, but genuinely respects them. With them as his models he tries to come closer to them, through unwavering effort. Full respect. That is your talent. You are a genius."
- Like all members of P4, his surname, Greenhill, is derived from a type of color.
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 67, page 11
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 67, page 12
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 69, page 12
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 69, pages 16-17
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 69, page 18
- ↑ kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 78, page 17
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 67, pages 6-9
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 68, page 5
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 68, page 7
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 69, page 19
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 69, page 31
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga; Chapter 71, page 28
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga; Chapter 71, page 29
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga; Chapter 71, page 37
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga; Chapter 71, page 38
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga; Chapter 77, page 29
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 67, page 10
|The principal • Johan Agares • Mr. Michaelis|
|Edgar Redmond • Gregory Violet • Herman Greenhill • Lawrence Bluer|
|Cheslock • Clayton • Edward Midford • Joanne Harcourt • Maurice Cole|
|Ciel Phantomhive • Derek Arden • McMillan • Prince Soma|