A live-action adaptation (Japanese drama) of the popular Kuroshitsuji manga by Yana Toboso was announced in January 2013. The film stars Ayame Goriki as Shiori Genpō, and Hiro Mizushima as Sebastian Michaelis. Kentaro Otani and Keiichi Sato are the co-directors. Filming began in April 2013, and the movie was released on January 18, 2014. The film was written by Tsutomu Kuroiwa and produced by Shinzo Matsuhashi.
The story is set in Asia in the year 2020, where the Western and Eastern cultures have blended together. A young woman named Shiori Genpō, a descendent of the Phantomhive noble family, runs the prosperous Funtom Company. Since only males are allowed to lead the family, Shiori disguises herself as a man name Kiyoharu, and works to solve difficult cases tasked by the Queen. Sebastian Michaelis, a demon, watches over and protects her as her butler in exchange for consuming her soul after she fulfills her revenge.
- Sebastian Michaelis played by Hiro Mizushima
- Shiori Genpō played by Ayame Goriki (see below)
- Hanae Wakatsuki (aunt of Shiori Genpō) played by Yuka
- Lin played by Mizuki Yamamoto (see below)
- Jay the Undertaker played by Louis Kurihara
- Takaaki Matsumiya played by Takuro Ohno
- Arihito Genpo played by Ken Kaito
- Akashi played by Tomomi Maruyama
- Charles Bennett Sato played by Yuu Shirota
- Ichizo Tokisawa played by Ken Yasuda
- Munemitsu Aoki played by Satoshi Hashimoto
- Shinpei Kuzo played by Masato Ibu
- Saneatsu Nekoma played by Goro Kishitani
- Tanaka played played by Taro Shigaki
- Youzo Shinozaki played by Ichirota Miyagawa
- Erika Genpo played by Chiaki Horan
Shiori Genpō (幻蜂汐璃, Genpou Shiori) is a descendant of the Phantomhive family. Since only males can take the reins of the family, Shiori wears male clothes and the name Kiyoharu to lead the massive Phantom Corporation. Sebastian watches over and protects Shiori, but at a price — he consumes her soul.
Shiori is a teenage girl with brown eyes and short black hair. Since only males can head the Phantomhive family, Shiori wears male clothes. She typically dresses in a way that suits her noble standing, and has a very extensive and elegant wardrobe. Similar to Ciel Phantomhive, Shiori has a seal in her right eye as a symbol of her contract with Sebastian Michaelis.
A descendant of the Phantomhive family, Ernest Phantomhive moved to Japan, renamed their family name to Genpō, and brought the Funtom Company with him. His descendant, the third generation earl, and his wife, were assassinated. They left behind their daughter Shiori.
- Like Ciel Phantomhive, Shiori claims her childhood dog's name was Sebastian.
Lin (リン, Rin) is Shiori Genpō's maid.
Lin is a bespectacled young woman, with brown eyes and brown curly hair tied in pigtails. She dresses in a typical maid outfit.
Lin's personality is similar to Mey-Rin's. She has a great deal of respect for, and a slight fear of Sebastian Michaelis. She is very loyal to her master, Shiori Genpō, and had sworn that she will stay by her side and protect her. She may be clumsy when cooking and doing household chores, but she is an extremely capable fighter. Shiori had described her as a precious servant.
Lin's family has been serving Genpō family for generations and lives for that very purpose. Her family instructed her, when she was young, to protect the Genpoō family at all costs. On one fateful day, she failed to protect Shiori's father and mother, and Shiori went missing. She thought of ending her life, but Shiori eventually came back, now disguised as a boy, in order to assume the position as the Queen's Watchdog. Lin vowed to stay by Shiori's side.