Blocking is the method by which administrators can prohibit certain users from editing Kuroshitsuji Wiki. Blocks are used to prevent damage or disruption, but they should not be viewed as a punishment. Blocks sometimes are used as a deterrent, to restrain whatever disrespectful behavior that led to the block and to encourage a productive editing environment.
Blocked users can appeal their blocks by making a statement on their message wall. Except in cases of unambiguous error, administrators should not undo other administrators' blocks without prior discussion.
Reasons for Blocking
Accounts and address may be blocked for:
- Persistently making personal attacks (against another user)
- Persistent vandalism
- Persistent gross incivility
- Persistent harassment (of another user)
- Persistent spamming
- Persistently violating other policies or guidelines
- Edit warring or revert warring
- Accounts with inappropriate usernames
Note that irrefutably blatant vandalism (such as deliberately publishing nonsense and/or profanity, removing page content or removing references without reason) warrants an immediate block.
Duration for Blocking
Everyone besides blatant vandalism should get a warning. Though, if you have been on this site long enough, you should know better, which can also dictate the duration or whether or not you deserve to receive a warning; however, this is entirely based on the particular administrator's discretion.
For registered vandals and/or anonymous problem users who have intentionally defaced the articles, disregarded the policies, and so on:
- 1st offence = warning (possible, if not the admin decides against an immediate block)
- 2nd offence = 2 weeks' block or more
- 3rd offence = 3 months' block or more
- Further offence? = 1 year or indefinite block
For multiple usernames/accounts from the same person:
- 1st offence = variable, either long or infinite