Paula has pale skin, dark brown eyes, and long brown hair. She ordinarily wears a burgundy dress along with a white apron. In public, she often dons a brown coat, a black hat, and gloves.
Paula is a cheerful and optimistic individual. She works hard to keep Elizabeth Midford happy and is extremely loyal to her.
Paula informed Elizabeth Midford about the Phantomhives' deaths. Sometime later, after Ciel Phantomhive returned, Elizabeth showed her new heeled shoes to Paula. Paula, while helping Elizabeth dress, noted that she has grown taller. Elizabeth became upset, prompting Paula to assure her that she is still very cute no matter her height. Nevertheless, Elizabeth refused to wear her new heeled shoes, opting instead for flats.
Public School Arc
Paula accompanies the Midfords to the annual cricket tournament at Weston College and watches the tournament with Elizabeth Midford, the servants of the Phantomhive household, and McMillan. Later, at the end of the tournament, Paula dances with Edward Midford.
Blue Cult Arc
One day, Paula heads outside the Midford Manor, to where Edward is practicing cricket. She notifies him that a visitor has arrived for Edward, which puzzles him since he was not told beforehand that a guest was coming.
Ever since Elizabeth had Paula accompany her to Sphere Music Hall, Paula has been forced to work there. After Scotland Yard raids the music hall, they detain Paula and send a notice to the Midfords. Edward goes to get her, and, upon seeing her, asks her where Elizabeth is. An emotional Paula tells him that Elizabeth "has gone to where she belongs," and that she loves Elizabeth and cannot bear to see her cry anymore. Edward tries to comfort her, and says that they can resume their talk after they return to the manor.
- According to the official Kuroshitsuji character popularity poll, Paula is the thirty-eighth most popular character in the series, with 7 votes. She shares this spot with Queen Victoria and Beast; both also received 7 votes.
- Paula is the only character who appears in the anime before the manga.
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga; Chapter 58, page 10, 14-15
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji, Chapter 76, page 8
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji, Chapter 81, page 14
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga; Chapter 109, page 1
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga; Chapter 110, pages 12-13
- ↑ Kuroshitsuji manga; Chapter 129, pages 7-12
- ↑ June 2015 Issue of Square Enix's GFantasy Magazine
- ↑ Her anime debut, Episode 10, was in December 2008. Her manga debut, Chapter 58, was in June 2011.
- ↑ The Making of Kuroshitsuji II