FANDOM


  • I'm a bit confused with the latest chapter, which you can read here (fan translations posted by hotteokah) and here (courtesy of abybweisse) if you haven't already.

    Mainly, I'm at a loss with Ciel's particular outcome in this.

    We see Smile (our!Ciel) roaming around the halls of the manor traumatised by the horrid site, calling for Ciel and Tanaka.

    CH134

    real!Ciel?

    He goes into the main room where the Christmas tree was located, but before we see his reaction there appears to be an intervening scene with Ciel in it (??) as the hair is parted differently.

    Also, his facial expression seems off to me - it seems like he'd stumbled into an unexpected visitor more so than a massacre inside the dining room. And shouldn't there be tears streaming down his face since Smile had been crying at the time?

    ((This may be a stretch, but it's also worth noting he's looking up at something/someone, while in the next image Smile is apparently facing straight ahead at the only focus point.))


    What really baffles me is how later on Smile finds Tanaka, his words being: "You must not come over here! Lord Ciel is...It's far too awful for you to bear--", implying Ciel had already been murdered?

    But it can't be? We see them both during the ritual, and I'm pretty sure there's no way (or reason) for that to have been a Bizarre doll, not such a good one at this point anyway.

    Any clues to what's going on ? Have I misunderstood a part ?

      Loading editor
    • It would not make any sense if the POV character (OC in this case) suddenly changed between panels. After all, he was calling for "Ciel." If this was RC, he wouldn't call out his own name.

      Also, OC wasn't crying in streams before. Yes, he was crying, but not very intensively. (He only cries in streams after seeing the party destruction, after being reminded by it that it was still his birthday, that it was supposed to be such a happy day. I think that OC, in all the chaos, must have forgotten for a while what day it was. (Hell, he had so many other things on his mind by then; his birthday not being the priority anymore.) When he saw the dining room, the reminder was basically a slap in the face. I guess that's why he's looking like that in the panel - and why he's breaking down after seeing the room.)

      Besides, he was running around for a while. His tears from before must have already dried. (Also, his eyes look somewhat swollen.)

      On the next page, I think, you can't really tell if OC's staring straight ahead or a bit up due to the angle.

      The hair parting part... I guess, it's either because his hair was tousled by all the running around (after all, hair never stays perfectly still, and when OC runs to Sebastian's corpse, his hair is also parted to the left due to the movement), or it's another one of Yana Toboso's drawing mistakes. (Or it was just convenient for the panel to get a clearer view of his eyes.)

      Tanaka's words do not imply that RC was murdered - after all, just like you've pointed out, both twins were alive when they were with the cult, during the ritual. (And RC couldn't have been a BD at the time of the ritual for many reasons - for example, Sebastian ate his soul. And BDs don't have souls anymore.)

      Tanaka's words do only imply that something terrible happened to RC or is currently happening to RC. It could be anything. It doesn't have to be death.

        Loading editor
    • hmmm, well to be honest i don't see why changing the POV wouldn't make any sense as that's literally how we kept seeing the ritual scene as it played out. of course he would not be calling his own name, but we don't get to see who was calling at the time - we just see a boy wandering through the halls afterwards (presumably what Ciel could've been doing as well at the time), and then see Smile entering the room.

      there certainly was tears running down Smile's face which i don't see in this particular panel but i'm not going to nitpick over that particular detail as he could've easily wiped them off while running (or they dried up as you say). same goes for the direction of his gaze as he entered the room, fair point.

      what i find hard to believe is that it's a mistake though - as there really seemed to have been no mistakes even when we thought there were (e.g. "Ciel" changing places next to Vincent during the party). besides - their only constant distinction is the hair parting. wouldn't it then make sense to focus especially on that?

      i don't see why Tanaka would've been standing frozen in shock otherwise - i'm pretty sure one of the translations uses the word "gruesome" for the site. i mean, if something bad was happening to Ciel, Tanaka wouldn't have stood there.

      as for the BD's not having souls, yes, forgot the most important part, thank you.

        Loading editor
    • honestly, i'm starting to think this whole page is just Ciel walking around the manor.

      Smile was crying and running like crazy while the twin in this particular page seems way more static to me. but again, i've no idea. Yana's twin scene sorcery confuses me.

        Loading editor
    • So, who did Ciel run into? Undertaker?

        Loading editor
    • NoMoreVillains wrote:
      So, who did Ciel run into? Undertaker?

      that was my initial guess as well.

      BUT - i must add - the hair partings are all over the place this time.

      namely, i went through the chapter again and there appears to be another panel where we see Smile with his hair falling to his left. this was when he ran towards Tanaka. we know for sure that that's Smile because he reaches towards him and we see dog!Sebastian's blood on his hand.

      so - there is a possibility that this is in fact still Smile. however, take into account that Smile was actually running in the aforementioned panel (therefore possibly shifting his bangs), and that there was perhaps no need to use the parting as a distinguishing feature, since the blood on his hands is a clear marker.

      in which case, it may be safe to assume the mangaka is playing with us - blurring the lines between which twin is which once again. however, if both cases really are just mistakes or done that way for some other reason, i'll be very upset about that because the difference was always there before we even knew there were twins involved and now she seems to be taking that away. i don't get it, frankly.

        Loading editor
    • Yabucca wrote:
      NoMoreVillains wrote:
      So, who did Ciel run into? Undertaker?
      that was my initial guess as well.

      BUT - i must add - the hair partings are all over the place this time.

      namely, i went through the chapter again and there appears to be another panel where we see Smile with his hair falling to his left. this was when he ran towards Tanaka. we know for sure that that's Smile because he reaches towards him and we see dog!Sebastian's blood on his hand.

      so - there is a possibility that this is in fact still Smile. however, take into account that Smile was actually running in the aforementioned panel (therefore possibly shifting his bangs), and that there was perhaps no need to use the parting as a distinguishing feature, since the blood on his hands is a clear marker.

      in which case, it may be safe to assume the mangaka is playing with us - blurring the lines between which twin is which once again. however, if both cases really are just mistakes or done that way for some other reason, i'll be very upset about that because the difference was always there before we even knew there were twins involved and now she seems to be taking that away. i don't get it, frankly.

      Smile is obviously the one. After all, the kid was being lead around by the dog.

        Loading editor
    • well yes, he's no doubt the one who finds Tanaka, but i'm confused about this page (^^^the one in the OP)...

        Loading editor
    • What boggles my mind is that Ciel told Smile to stay behind. What made him think a child could take on a bunch of adults?

        Loading editor
    • Ciel wasn't expecting intruders. although alerted, he wasn't aware of what was going on at the time.

      also, i can't help but notice -

      CH134.











      is that a step ?

      i may just be wrapped into my physics studies, but shouldn't the texture lines be parallel to the floor? or does this really indicate a flight of stairs in front of him? if so, this could further indicate that this is Ciel, located somewhere else in the house.

        Loading editor
    • No. That's that bump thing you find under doors that serves as a boundary between rooms.

        Loading editor
    • no no, i'm talking about the vertical lines beneath.

        Loading editor
    • It could be a staircase.

        Loading editor
    • could be, right??

      do you see it? haha

      Stairpic
      this is how i saw it, i'll leave this here just so everyone can see what i'm referring to.
        Loading editor
    • but then, if that's the case he couldn't have seen someone above him. perhaps he heard something, like Smile having gotten out of the room calling him.

        Loading editor
    • I still think the wood is the boundary thing under the door that separates the two floors.

        Loading editor
    • Yabucca wrote:
      but then, if that's the case he couldn't have seen someone above him.

      actually, i take that back a bit, since someone may have just reached the upper floor and was perhaps standing like a single step below the boy. this is all under the assumption that these really are stairs of course.

      and yeah, it's either that or an added layer connecting the carpet to the end of the level, or even the rubber layer some stairs have for support.

        Loading editor
    • Waaaah! I just read it,(Cried for an hour too, I still am)  and one thing that stirs my mind is the manner in which everyone was killed.First, Sebastian. Ciel was following him up until he died, who killed him so soon? It appears he's killed in a brutal fashion, with a blade. And he seams torn and battered.

      Then the servants. They're killed silently, but in a way similar to Sebastian. There has to be more than one, right? If they're human, there has to be at least 5. Counting the servants and the way they died.

      Then Vincent and Rachel. They're holding each other. Someone must've come through, bashed them up, and left them for dead. If I were the assailant I would've done it 100%. (I'm going to take screen shots and elaborate) 

        Loading editor
    • File:Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 9.21.42 AM.png 

      There are slash marks everywhere! There is no pattern to this!

        Loading editor
    • Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 9.39.54 AM
      I just noticed..... The word 'Happy' is gone. It only says birthday.
        Loading editor
    • there appears to be something wrong with your link Kipper, it's not really opening anything for me.

      and i agree, there had to have been more of them. but we know there were at least 2 since one of them attacked Tanaka while another grabbed Smile from behind.

      also, since you mentioned Rachel & Vincent, it's woth noting Vincent isn't wearing his ring anymore. this may indicate Ciel had seen the bodies before Smile did and took off with the heirloom.

        Loading editor
    • But then what happened to Ciel? I mean, it's pretty obvious both boys were in the sacrificial chamber.

        Loading editor
    • that's what baffles me the most.

      i need to know what Tanaka saw.

        Loading editor
    • For all we know, he might have died, or was wounded enough to make it look like he died.

        Loading editor
    • he can't be dead though, we see him during the ritual.

        Loading editor
    • Oh, yeah. That's right. Then he must have been abducted right in front of Tanaka.

        Loading editor
    • if that were the case i still don't think Tanaka would've just stood there like a stump.

      most translations seem to be implying something grisly, which makes sense considering even Tanaka was dumbfounded.

        Loading editor
    • to revive this post - it seems the hair partings no longer mean jack shit, as they are once again changing throughout chapter 135, so this whole thread may be meaningless.

      seems the partings have served their purpose.

        Loading editor
    • What do you mean?

        Loading editor
    • i mean the hair partings are no longer a trustworthy presentation of each twin.

      i thought the person in the original post was Ciel, but it may well have been Smile because the partings no  longer stay consistent.

        Loading editor
    • So the hair partings constantly switch from left to right?

        Loading editor
    • 'Tis it be true. At the moment we only have Smile's voice to guide the way.

        Loading editor
    • NoMoreVillains wrote:
      So the hair partings constantly switch from left to right?

      not constantly, but there are instances where you'd think it's one twin due to the parting, but would soon realise because of the speech it's actually the other twin.

      granted - there's a scene where they're both lying down so the hair naturally falls towards the ground of course.

        Loading editor
    • So even the drawing's become tricky to follow.

        Loading editor
    • the parting distinction had function back when the twin was a secret. it was an actual visual hint, but now, dialogue can easily be used to specify either of the twins if necessary.

      but i don't even feel like it's actually necessary, i kind of expect more and more scenes where we see the twins struggling and it really doesn't matter which is which.

      up until Sebastian shows up, it's all just two kids trapped in regrets and human suffering - do we really need to be able to tell them apart at this point?

      edit: happy new year ^^

        Loading editor
    • Not really it seems. Well, it might be necessary so we don't confuse them in a later chapter.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, in the recent chapter, even if O!Ciel doesn't say R!Ciel's name. Their faces tell you who's who.

        Loading editor
    • The eyepatch makes it pretty obvious now that I think of it.

        Loading editor
    • well yes, i'm actually referring to the flashbacks exclusively.

      since, at the present point, they are perfectly distinguishable due to Smile's contract mark + eyepatch.

      --

      well i think it depends; for instance, i thought it was Ciel crying in the night because he'd previously been very bitter and disappointed in himself, and the parting was there to confirm so. but then, once the actual Ciel pulled the ring out, i realised i was wrong.

        Loading editor
    • So it seems.

        Loading editor
    • I would like to edit Mr Tanaka and Grell Sutcliff's pages as there are a few grammar issues. Such as Grell being referred to as 'their' rather than 'his' or 'he' and Tanaka using 'baritsu' rather than 'bartitsu'. In the manga, it says that Lau said bartitsu but the professsor misheard the pronounciation as baritsu.

        Loading editor
    • I posted that here because there were no comment areas under the pages. Personally I believe it is best to put commenting areas at the bottom of each page for the ease of edit requests and so forth.

        Loading editor
    • Can't you tell the twins apart by Ciel's eye that held the covenant mark and his eye patch?

        Loading editor
    • Pachiubunni wrote:
      I would like to edit Mr Tanaka and Grell Sutcliff's pages as there are a few grammar issues. Such as Grell being referred to as 'their' rather than 'his' or 'he' and Tanaka using 'baritsu' rather than 'bartitsu'. In the manga, it says that Lau said bartitsu but the professsor misheard the pronounciation as baritsu.
      I posted that here because there were no comment areas under the pages. Personally I believe it is best to put commenting areas at the bottom of each page for the ease of edit requests and so forth.

      although i agree with the idea of adding some kind of talk section under articles, i am not authorised to permit any of your suggestions. if you have any questions regarding edits, you should contact one of the administrators.

        Loading editor
    • Pachiubunni wrote:
      Can't you tell the twins apart by Ciel's eye that held the covenant mark and his eye patch?

      these events took place before the contract had been formed.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Shillings to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Shillings to this message